On Mon, 28 Jul 2014, Peter Lammich wrote:

How to transfer my configuration settings, shortcuts, abbreviations,
etc. from the repository version to 2014-RC1 and later to 2014?

The persistent state is usually confined to $ISABELLE_HOME_USER -- you can access that symbolically in the Prover IDE, e.g. the file-browser in Faviourites, to see where it is actually pointing in the file-system.

For versions that are almost identical, such as presumably Isabelle2014-RC1 ... Isabelle2014 final, it should be possible to move over the whole directory content (while the system is not running).

For distinctive release it requires more care, though: there is no official support for this non-trivial problem. I normally look at individual files like $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/jedit/properties (after sorting) and transfer changes bit-by-bit.