Hi René,

On 28.07.2014 10:40, René Thiemann wrote:
I observed a problem with datatype_new which was not present in Isabelle2014-RC0
It should be fixed in the release repository and thus in the next RC:

https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/commits/615223745d

For RC0, marking 'q explicitely as dead (which it is anyway) might help:

datatype_new (dead 'q,'f) foo = Bar 'f "'q list" "('q,unit)com"

A hg bisect delivers f9dd8a33f820 as first problematic revision.
Thanks! Next time, however, you should not waste your time by bisecting, whenever we break something in the BNF package. Usually, we are aware of the recent changes and can identify the culprits very fast.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot for the report.
Dmitriy