Re: [isabelle] 2014-RC1 issues

> On the topic of the query panel: Some time in the future, I'd like to
> see the equivalent of the jEdit action bar (or, to phrase it
> differently, a "general" query panel)  for Isabelle, where I enter an
> arbitrary (diagnostic) command and get the output in the panel.

I think this was called "issue prover command" in PG ("Ctrl-c v" in
standard config), and I used it from time to time. It only worked for
commands that did not change the prover state, e.g., for all diagnostic
commands.

In jEdit this has been replaced by the more heavyweight query-panels,
that only work for a small subset of the diagnostic commands, and
extending them to new commands is quite a big effort. So I would also
like to have this lightweight low-level possibility of issuing
diagnostic-commands, in addition to the heavyweight, high-level query
panels.

--
  Peter