Re: [isabelle] isabelle build -vb runs out of store

Hi Peter,

Just a quick guess. Are you running PolyML in 32bit mode and thus hit the 32bit memory wall? Or have you limitted PolyML's maximum heap size with some configuration parameters?

Several years ago, I got that error message frequently when working with JinjaThreads before I switched to 64bit mode. When David Matthews implemented some kind of online sharing in PolyML, I could get JinjaThreads fit back into 32bit heap space. At that time, PG was still officially supported and IIRC it did not terminate the whole Isabelle process. Nowadays, I noted that I can reduce memory consumption by loading less theories in parallel in PG. From what I understand, Isabelle processed theories that are loaded in the background in parallel like jEdit does. Only the currently active theory gets processed incrementally (and slowly) in PG. Hence, you might want to either reduce parallelism with some runtime options or just load theories in smaller chunks.

Hope this helps,
Andreas