Re: [isabelle] cross product in Isabelle

Hi,  Huffman:

   Thank you very much.

  In linear algebra, a vector is usually our research object.  Of course, (a1,a2,a3) can be seen as a vector.

 But I find that  a vecotor has been formalized in mutivariate_analysis lib.

  I want to  use the formalized vetor concept to formalize the cross product by using a matrix operator and a point operator( the informal account is also
in the end), which is as follows:

I  meets a prolem due to my knowledge on the vector: (1) the first element is count from 0 or 1: (2) the operators χ and $.

Although I have tried to guess how to use them, but it is still diffcult for me to prove my definition coincides with the definition by using the vector and matrix formalization in the mutivariate libaray, can you help me?.

definition cross3' :: "real^3 ⇒ real^3 ⇒ real^3" where
"cross3' = (λa. λb.
(χ i. if i=0 then a$1 * b$2 - a$2* b$1
else if i=1 then a$2 * b$0 - a$0 * b$2
else a$0 * b$1 - a$1 * b$0))"

definition vectPoint::"real^3 ⇒ real^3^3" where
"vectPoint = (λa.
(χ i. if i=0 then (χ i. if i=0 then 0
else if i=1 then - a$2
else a$1)
else if i=1 then (χ i. if i=0 then a $2
else if i=1 then 0
else - a$0)
else (χ i. if i=0 then -a$1
else if i=1 then a$0
else 0)))"

The above formalization on the cross product comes from the follwing material:

Thus I want to prove the following lemma:
lemma cross3Def2:"cross3' a b= (vectPoint a) *v b"
apply (simp add: cross3'_def vectPoint_def matrix_vector_mult_def)
apply auto

proof falis here.

regards!

lyj238 at gmail.com