Re: [isabelle] 'where'-clause for defining locales

Hi René,

> given I have some locale foo with a myriad of parameters. Now I want to
> extend this into a locale bar, which should add some parameters. Also
> (for convenience) the new parameters should go to the end and the old
> order of parameters should not change.

IMHO you should consider one of these:
a) What is the matter of your order?  To have uniform appearance of
locale expressions?  In that case, you might consider specification of
parameters by *name*.  See the Isar reference manual for the syntactic
details.
b) If you really want to have structural control, consider grouping your
parameters to records.  HOL-Algebra is a nice example how this is
accomplished in practice.

Hope this helps,
	Florian

--