Re: [isabelle] Warning: Usage of deprecated font command

>From what I can say the warning is correct, though I did not
know it before I just googled for this: There was a decision in
LaTeX2e to replace commands like \rm, \bf, etc by \textrm, \textbf...
and also have new commands \rmfamily, \bfseries etc. The semantic
difference is that \textbf, for example, changes the font to bold
but leaves font settings such as italic or sans serif unchanged. In
contrast \rm would radically change the font to the standard roman font.
If this is wanted, you should have typed \rmfamily to change the font.
You can see the difference if you wanted something like bold and
italic, because both

   {\bf\it only italic}
   {\it\bf only bold}

do not work, but

  \textbf{\textit{bold and italic}}
  \textit{\textbf{italic and bold}}

do. Who knew?

Anyway, only very few packages seem to actually complain about
this change (KOMAscript is one of the few) and certainly the "world"
seems to not have noticed nor have cared. It seems, yes the change makes
more sense and is technically more correct, but is still a pain in the
backside writing \textbf{} for {\rm }. But somehow such inflictions on
users sound a tad familiar.....;o)

Hope this helps,
Christian

PS: I googled for