Re: [isabelle] »strict« or »sequential« mode in Isabelle/jEdit?
- To: cl-isabelle-users at lists.cam.ac.uk
- Subject: Re: [isabelle] »strict« or »sequential« mode in Isabelle/jEdit?
- From: Tobias Nipkow <nipkow at in.tum.de>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 18:03:40 +0200
- In-reply-to: <alpine.LNX.email@example.com>
- References: <534A8E84.firstname.lastname@example.org> <534AB08B.email@example.com> <alpine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.5.0
On 22/04/2014 16:09, Makarius wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2014, Tobias Nipkow wrote:
>> - Adjusting the AFP frequently leads me into the follwing situation: I run
>> "afp_build -A"; there is an error in some entry; I fix the error; I restart
>> "afp_build -A"; isabelle (more precisely java) dies with some out of memory
>> error right away, sometimes blaming it on a corrupt log file. At this point I
>> need to remove all log files and rerun *everything*.
> You need to remove only the log file that is in the way, but that is still a bit
> Maybe you just have the default ISABELLE_BUILD_JAVA_OPTIONS, which are meant to
> work on most systems without any bad surprise about JVM startup failure due to
> lack of address space. (The situation is complicated by having to guess at
> total heap space and individual thread stack space.)
> To allow heavy-duty AFP maintenance, I use something like this in
> ISABELLE_BUILD_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xmx4096m -Xss1m"
> or like this:
> ISABELLE_BUILD_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xmx4096m -Xss2m"
I currently have what you had sent me some time ago:
JEDIT_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xms256m -Xmx4096m -Xss2m -Dactors.corePoolSize=8
Is the above ISABELLE_BUILD_JAVA_OPTIONS independent to that, or does one imply
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and