Re: [isabelle] 64-bit Java is 6x faster than 32-bit for a recursive fibonacci

On 14-05-15 11:23, Gottfried Barrow wrote:
fun fib (n:int) = (if (n < 2) then n else (fib(n - 1) + fib(n - 2)));

Knowing nothing about concurrency, naively, this looks to me like it would be a perfect candidate, since there are two calls to fib.

It bugs me that when calculating fib(42), the Java process only works 25% of my CPU.

Anyway, this idea makes it a higher precedence to use a language that facilitates concurrency, like Scala, Clojure, and Erlang, though compiled Erlang is twice as slow as Clojure.

Regards,