Re: [isabelle] Rational functions

Hi Prathamesh,

I'm not aware of a formalization of rational functions, but there is a
polynomial libraries in Isabelle:

  ~~/src/HOL/Library/Polynomial:

    Defines a type: 'a poly, the evaluation function is also called
"poly".
    A rational function would be a pair (rat poly * rat poly)
    and a evaluation of the function at x
      rat_fun (n, d) x = poly n x / poly d x

You may also look into ~~/src/HOL/Library/Poly_Deriv and the AFP entry
about Sturm Sequences, here Lib/Misc_Polynomial contains lemmas about
divisibility of polynoms. (it is planned to merge Lib/Misc_Polynomial
into the Isabelle library).

 - Johannes