Re: [isabelle] Rational functions

Also in HOL/Library you will find Fraction_Field.thy, which defines a
type constructor 'a fract that gives the field of fractions over any
integral domain 'a. You can combine this with the polynomial type from
Polynomial.thy to get a type of rational functions: e.g. "real poly
fract" would be the type of rational functions with real coefficients.

Fraction_Field.thy seems to be a bit spartan at the moment, not
providing a lot of operations or theorems beyond basic arithmetic
stuff. Please let us know about any suggestions for
additions/improvements you'd like to see, so we can make the libraries
better!

Hope this helps,

- Brian