Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC2: PIDE does not resume processing

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014, Harry Butterworth wrote:

I have also been having to occasionally quit and restart Isabelle 2014
jedit when it stops working.

Here is the syslog from the latest problem:

Welcome to Isabelle/HOL (Isabelle2014: August 2014)
poly: gc_mark_phase.cpp:439: virtual void
MTGCProcessMarkPointers::ScanAddressesInObject(PolyObject*, POLYUNSIGNED):
Assertion `baseAddr > (PolyWord*)obj && baseAddr < ((PolyWord*)obj)+length'
failed.

This is a hard crash of the Poly/ML runtime-system. It has been reported sporadically since about 1 year, e.g. see https://lists.cam.ac.uk/mailman/htdig/cl-isabelle-users/2013-December/msg00090.html

My impression is that it occurs more often with big application or tight memory size, e.g. on Windows/Cygwin.

What is the approximative size of your application? What is your OS platform?

                  http://stop-ttip.org  777,282 people so far