Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC2: PIDE does not resume processing

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, Andreas Lochbihler wrote:

On 19/11/14 11:01, Makarius wrote:
> These DUP exceptions (with varying values) occur several times a day > with Isabelle2014.

 I was not aware of any such problem in the official release.  As usual,
 problems that are
 kept secret will remain so over indefinite time.
I did not get these exceptions during the test phase of release candidates, but I was not working as intensively with Isabelle at that time, either. You cannot complain that I have not reported this problem with DUP. I just did not want to send you an e-mail every time the same failure occurs.

I did not complain. My impression is that the testing of the Isabelle2014 release candidates resulted in a fairly good release.

It is just a reminder to everyone who sees practical relevant problems to report them. Something that fails at intervals of weeks or months is merely a fine point (still to be considered eventually). Something that fails daily is getting in the way of practical work.

But frequent and reliable failure also means it is relatively easy to pin down and eliminate.

                              http://stop-ttip.org