Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC2: PIDE does not resume processing

> It is just a reminder to everyone who sees practical relevant problems to
> report them.  Something that fails at intervals of weeks or months is
> merely a fine point (still to be considered eventually).  Something that
> fails daily is getting in the way of practical work.
>
> But frequent and reliable failure also means it is relatively easy to pin
> down and eliminate.

With Isabelle-2014 + jedit, I get grayouts every day. Some of them
resolve themselves after a few seconds (up to a minute), one or two
times a day I have to restart the IDE. It's annoying, but you get used
to it :(

When I got such a grayout during an Isabelle tutorial recently, I asked
the students who of them had already experienced such a grayout, and had
to restart. Almost all arms raised immediately!

--
  Peter

p.s. Informal definition of "grayout":
  The text in the proof buffer becomes gray, and the prover is not
responding any more. You can still edit the text.