Re: [isabelle] replace "isabelle tty"

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014, Walther Neuper wrote:

In order to start with a minimal solution, I'd like to bypass asynchronous interaction (which is no restriction on Isac's present solution).

Asynchronous interaction is already the minimal solution. It is simpler than synchronous interaction in many ways.

Just give up the notion that you are mutating an implicit "current state". You can easily pass around explicit handles to immutable values that are bounced back and forth between the ML and Scala process in an asynchronous manner.

The application by Lars demonstrates that nicely.

First question: what is your experience with NetBeans versus Eclipse in projects combining Java and Scala?

The current high-end IDE is probably IntelliJ IDEA, but I am using myself just jEdit as plain text editor for Scala.

                  http://stop-ttip.org  927,491 people so far