Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC2: PIDE does not resume processing

Hi Makarius,

On 08/10/14 22:51, Makarius wrote:
Today, I experienced a PIDE greyout again, this time in Isabelle2014 while running
quickcheck. I've attached the Syslog content and the output of error messages in the
terminal from which I had started Isabelle/jEdit.

Do you remember anything specific about the situation?  E.g. a very big message being
output, say a large subgoal?

No, everything was quite small, actually. At that time, I was preparing exercises for the Isabelle course at ETH, so I just had a single theory file based on HOL/Main, and quickcheck normally outputs only small counterexamples.

The Isabelle/jEdit settings have these defaults for heap and stack:

   JEDIT_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xms128m -Xmx1024m -Xss2m"

I am using myself this one on a modest 8GB 64bit machine:

   JEDIT_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xms1024m -Xmx4096m -Xss4m"

I had the -Xmx4096m option set before, but I will now also adapt your settings for -Xss and -Xms. Let's see what happens.

Andreas