[isabelle] OSX Yosemite

Apple has release OSX 10.10 Yosemite 10 days ago.

As usual my first reaction to operation system releases is to ignore them for serious work. But to see how Isabelle works with it, I have made a fresh test installation today.

In contrast to one private report off-list, I did not encounter any problems so far, using the official Isabelle2014 distribution as is. This is no proof of absence of problems: a new OS release normally needs some months to stabilize.

Latest Java 8 (e.g. 8u25) seems to have substantial problems with OSX 10.10 -- e.g. see the activity on http://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/mailman/jedit-devel -- but we are using the more conservative Java 7u67 in Isabelle2014.

If there are further observations about OSX Yosemite, problem reports, workarounds etc. please contribute to this thread.

                  http://stop-ttip.org  737,302 people so far