Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014 and ProofGeneral

On Sat, 13 Sep 2014, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

I think what happened is that David A., the main PG developer, had a conversion similar to yours (but in his case to eclipse rather than jedit).

I don't think that "conversion" is the right word.

When we did Proof General many years ago, we were quite realistic about the side-conditions that Emacs would impose on the project. There was never the idea that Emacs would be the best editor ever, so that it had to be used without question. Rather, there was no alternative: Emacs was the only major editor at that time with arbitrary extensibility.

So we knew already about the inherent limitations, and moving forwards was nothing revolutionary.

That is all long past ...