Re: [isabelle] Malformed syntax error clears only on scroll to bottom

On 14-09-25 14:50, Makarius wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2014, Gottfried Barrow wrote:

I get "malformed command syntax" errors after sometimes adding source above some source I have commented out almost to the "end" of the document. Normally errors clear when I finally satisfy all the syntax requirements, but for these, I have to scroll to the bottom of the document to get them to clear.

Maybe it is just editor_reparse_limit that is too small (default 10000 characters). You could probably make this 100000.

Makarius,

I'll try that when I have things commented out again.

Using a batch file, I use "start Isabelle2014.exe --", and the "--" argument works good for suppressing the loading of Scratch.thy, like you suggested.

Concerning jEdit 5.2 changes:  http://www.jedit.org/CHANGES52.txt

A welcome fix will be: "The TextArea will not scroll anymore when dragging files on jEdit".

Regards,
GB