Re: [isabelle] \forall versus \And -- also \exists versus \Or

How do schematic variables relate to \And quantified variables? I know
that sometimes I need to use 'case' and sometimes 'case_tac' for
example, but it's not clear to me why I can't freely move a variable
from being \And quantified to being schematic and vice-versa.

-Andrew