Re: [isabelle] Unknown Isabelle tool: env

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015, Walther Neuper wrote:

I interpret "modular components" like that:
#  copied the merged ".hg/" and "src" into "Isabelle2014"
#  tried to build

# copied "Admin/" from an Isabelle2014 clone into "Isabelle2014" and tried another build

   wneuper at ProBook:/usr/local/Isabelle2014$ ./bin/isabelle jedit -l HOL &
   [2] 21912
   wneuper at ProBook:/usr/local/Isabelle2014$ ### Building Isabelle/Scala ...
   Changed files:
     Concurrent/consumer_thread.scala
     :
     ../Tools/Graphview/src/visualizer.scala
   wneuper at ProBook:/usr/local/isabisac$ ### Building Isabelle/jEdit ...
   Unknown ISABELLE_JEDIT_BUILD_HOME -- missing auxiliary component

Here I stopped my trials for another question, where you are probably the only person to answer it

Such adhoc merges merely produce a Mercurial swamp. Clear-cut modular structure is something different.

I can't say anything specific, without seeing the merged and modified repository content. The cumulative diff against a define point from our side might help, but the diff might be also quite large.