On Sun, 12 Apr 2015, C. Diekmann wrote:

Any problems, observations etc. can be discussed here on the mailing list.
Quite often a change of behaviour is perceived as a problem, and sometimes
it is one, sometimes not.  In any case, open discussion helps to figure out
what is potentially confusing to users.

jEdit crashed (stopped responding to anything).

It would be interesting to know in which sense jEdit locked up. Sometimes there is just a deadlock on the GUI thread. Sometimes the JVM is blocked in a way that it requires a kill -9; jps and jconsole might help to guess in the right direction.

For example, I routinely get the following GUI lock-up on Xubuntu 14.10 with GTK look-and-feel: if Isabelle/jEdit is started up and its main window de-focused before it is fully there, it will never get back to a normal state, where user input is possible. It might be a fundamental problem of the unsupported XFCE window manager together with the almost unsupported GTK L&F, but I need the latter to get proper GUI scaling for my brand-new 4K display -- the newer Nimbus L&F can't do that.

Java/AWT on Linux is not the best combination -- we know this already for approx. 3 years. Even though I am mostly Linux user myself, it is only a secondary platform for fancy GUI and IDE stuff. Mac OS X and Windows work much better in many respects.