Re: [isabelle] "Stuck" (i.e. looping) prover issues

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015, Makarius wrote:

 However, it occurs much more often on my office machine, which is a
 venerable 32-bit, one-core system with 2GB (also running Ubuntu 14.04
 LTS).

That machine is indeed very old and small. I've just made some experiments with Isabelle2015-RC1 on some virtual machine of that size.

BTW, Windows 7 works quite well for such old hardware: the IDE is also a bit more smooth, since the graphics sub-system is better supported by Java/AWT.