For the paper I just advertised we used the old graph viewer to display the AFP graph because it looks a bit better. I have attached both versions. Look at nodes 55 and 85 to see some of the differences. The new placement leads to more lines intersecting.

I am also not sold on the splines used in some cases, they are a bit wavy. Look at the lines emerging from 63 or 33 in the new viewer.

However, these are just small blemishes and in other situation the new layout may actually look better.

Tobias