Re: [isabelle] Difficulties with "setsum" (Alfio Martini)

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Makarius wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:28:24 -0300
From: Alfio Martini <alfio.martini at acm.org>
To: Makarius <makarius at sketis.net>
Subject: Re: [isabelle] Difficulties with "setsum" (Alfio Martini)

I installed a virtual machine with Linux Mint and installed Isabelle 2014.

Linux Mint had a lot of attention initially, but was of rather bad quality the last time I checked it (which is already 1-2 years ago). For me the canonical Linux distribution remains Ubuntu (or Xubuntu) despite the may attempts to ruin the open-source OS world by endless forks.

My God, the look and feel of Isabelle/jEdit in Linux it is not that pretty (to put it mildly), especially if one is already used to the Windows version.

That is normal on Linux/X11. On Windows and Mac OS X, the rendering is fine. I usually use Mac OS X for presentation, and restrict Linux to private use at home, when nobody is looking.