Re: [isabelle] Difficulties with "setsum" (Alfio Martini)

On 28 April 2015 07:18:47 GMT+10:00, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Makarius wrote:

FWIW one of my machines has run Isabelle on Linux Mint for the last 2 years with no problems. My own experience is that Mint is now more stable and polished than Xubuntu, though Ubuntu still gets the most UI/UX attention, and these things are obviously subjective.

>> My God, the look and feel of Isabelle/jEdit in Linux it is not that
>> pretty (to put it mildly), especially if one is already used to the
>> Windows version.
>
>That is normal on Linux/X11.  On Windows and Mac OS X, the rendering is
>
>fine.  I usually use Mac OS X for presentation, and restrict Linux to
>private use at home, when nobody is looking.

This is not really an Isabelle/jEdit issue, but rather that Java (or Java developers?) makes only a token effort at making its applications look/behave like native applications.