Re: [isabelle] Isabelle/jEdit requests loading of files during shutdown

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Andreas Lochbihler wrote:

Here's an observation about Isabelle2014 that seems surprising and a bit undesired at first. When I close Isabelle/jEdit with a number of unsaved theory files, I get a popup that asks me which of those I want to save. Then, I first select a subset of the files to be safed and click on "safe selected" and they disappear from the list. Unfortunately, there is immediately a new popup that asks me whether I want to load the theories that I have just eliminated from the list. To me, this popup is bogus, because I am trying to shutdown jEdit and therefore do not want to load any theories. I just want to continue to save or discard my changes. Instead, I have to get rid of this popup first. It would be great if this popup does not show up in the next release.

Rather late, I've had a look at this. jEdit happens to indicate the exit/closeAllBuffers dialog by some Boolean flag, so the PIDE auto load can guard against that. See also https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/commits/9ee125c3bff7 which will be also in the next Isabelle2015 release candidate (presumably end of this week).