Re: [isabelle] Isabelle/jEdit and indentation

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015, Quentin Hibon wrote:

I am a new Isabelle/jEdit user, and I am used to tools to format code automatically in other languages, so as to avoid the tedious task of doing it myself. Is there any such possibility in Isabelle using jEdit (to get the same format as, say, the theories included in the standard distribution) or do you do it by hand?

Proper indentation support is one of the long-stanging omissions of Isabelle/jEdit. Current Isabelle2015-RC2 has a bit of folding support, according to Isar proof structure (although I need to look at once again before the release really happens).

jEdit has its own built-in mechanisms for plain text indentation: it supports theory editing to a limited extent. I usually do most of it manually by the convenient shift/indent operations, e.g. see "Tabbing and Indentation" in the original jEdit User's guide in our Documentation panel.