[isabelle] Job Opportunities in Logic and Computer Science at Swansea
Dear Prof. Paulson,
Swansea has 2 lecturships available that could be of interest to Isabelle/HOL experts in security. There are also 10 postdoctoral fellowships. Details cand be found in the announcement below. Unfortunately, the deadlines are very close.
I would be very grateful if you could forward this to anybody in your community who might be interested, or point me to someone I could contact.
With thanks and kind regards,
Job Opportunities in Logic and Computer Science at Swansea
The Department of Computer Science at Swansea University has available:
* Up to 2 permanent Lectureships in Computer Security. While the lectureships aim at Computer Security in general, this might be an opportunity for researchers working on applications of Logic in Computer Security.
Deadline: 22 December 2015
* 10 three-years postdoctoral fellowships across a wide range of science and technology disciplines. The Theoretical Computer Science Group offers projects in Computability, Specification, Proof Theory, Complexity and Verification. See our research portfolio at
Please contact members of our group directly if you are interest in a particular topic.
Deadline for Expression of Interest: 5 January 2016
Full Application: 1 March 2016
Further details about the fellowships, including eligibility criteria, are below.
SWANSEA UNIVERSITY EXCITING FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Strengthening International Research Capacity in Wales (SIRCIW) Fellowships hosted by Swansea University Swansea University’s, College of Science, is delighted to announce 10 SIRCIW postdoctoral fellowships across a wide range of science and technology disciplines to the highest calibre candidates.
The SIRCIW fellowship scheme, part of the Chief Scientific Adviser for Wales’ strategy to increase research capacity in Wales, will enable talented ‘rising star’ researchers, with a minimum 3 to 5 years post-doctoral research experience, to:-
* Work with leading international scholars in Swansea’s, College of Science;
* Receive excellent research supervision;
* Have access to the latest facilities and resources, and involvement in world-leading joint research projects;
* Collaborate with commercial partner where appropriate;
* Spend time as an academic in Wales, linking up with extensive international networks and collaborations.
These prestigious 3 year fellowships are jointly funded by Swansea University, the European Commission - H2020, Marie Sklodowska Curie Action COFUND award and the Welsh Government.
Through SIRCIW, Swansea is seeking to attract talented experienced researchers with the potential to be research leaders of the future. It is anticipated fellowships will start in autumn 2016.
FELLOW ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
* Researchers may be of Any Nationality
* Cannot have been resident in the UK for more than 12 months in the last three years
* Submit a Science and/ or Technology relevant joint fellowship application with Swansea University to the Chief Scientific Adviser for Wales Office.
2 stage process, to be completed in English:
1. Expression of Interest, EoI, submitted to the Deapartment of Computer Science, Swansea University by Tuesday 5th January
2. Full Application (supervisor form, ethics form, and CV) submitted to CSAW office by Tuesday 1st March 2016.
Interested applicants are encouraged to make early contact with a potential Department of Computer Science Supervisor. To initiate informal discussions please forward:-
* Recent successful research proposal
* Current C.V. & Research/ career history
* Proposed Research Topic Area
* Likely Impact
* Referee Details
Department of Computer Science, Swansea University
College of Science, Swansea University
SIRCIW fellowship scheme can be found at
Dr. Ulrich Berger
Department of Computer Science
Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Office: Room 306 (Faraday Building)
Phone Work +44 1792 513380
Home +44 1792 533979
Fax +44 1792 295708
Email u.berger at swansea.ac.uk
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and