Re: [isabelle] The development of a large proof script.

Dear lyj238,

maybe you could give as some more details?

For example: What do you mean by "proof script"? Is what you are talking about a standard Isabelle/Isar development, i.e., a bunch of *.thy files with "lemma" statements inside and corresponding "proof/qed" blocks?

And how did you create your "proof script" if not with Isabelle/jEdit or Isabelle/ProofGeneral?

The largest Isabelle development I've personally worked on is roughly in the 5 MB area. This can be handled by session management that is standard nowadays (see the Isabelle system manual).

In general, have a look at the System manual (that comes with the Isabelle distribution) and especially at session management and the "build" tool.

As for your question about parallelization. Isabelle's "build" uses implicit parallelization possible due to interdependencies of theories (and maybe lemmas?). So yes, parallelization is supported *and* you get it essentially for free.

cheers

chris