Re: [isabelle] jEdit problems

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, Jason Dagit wrote:

Fifth, there have been several times when I thought Isabelle accepted my
proof, but actually there was an error and jEdit makes this difficult to
see. It's hard to explain this one without lots of screenshots. The problem
seems to be that jEdit tries to be clever and runs parts of the proof in
parallel or something.

The way you use the name "jEdit" proves that you did not read the Isabelle/jEdit manual, which has the label "jedit" in the Isabelle Documentation panel.

Is there a way to make it work like Proof General where you can enter and retract the steps one at a time and explicitly?

No.

Sixth, I like to version control my configuration files and put them on github so that I can easy restore my account or setup a new account on a new computer. How do I export my jEdit settings?

See also the Isabelle/jEdit manual.