Re: [isabelle] jEdit problems

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, Jason Dagit wrote:
>
>  Second, I use OS X to remap my keyboard to the dvorak layout, but when I
>> use a modifier key such as control jEdit interprets my keypress
>> incorrectly. I can even see this happening from the keyboard test utility
>> under the troubleshooting menu. This makes it impossible for me to use
>> certain shortcuts or to even use certain keys. This looks similar to my
>> problem: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8028617
>>

> This sounds like a generic Java or jEdit problem.  You can try plain jEdit
> from http://www.jedit.org to see if it is the same.  Depending on that,
> we can continue the discussion here or on the jedit tracker
> http://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/_list/tickets?source=navbar

It's a Java issue. I tried with the latest JRE and standalone jEdit and
it's still present. It's present in other Java programs as well. I doubt
there is much the jEdit developers can do about it.

By the way, while it doesn't appear to be a problem with this particular
download be careful about sourceforge installers. Some of the installers
bundle additional programs that are not good (they walk the line between
legitimate software and malware):
http://www.howtogeek.com/218764/warning-don%E2%80%99t-download-software-from-sourceforge-if-you-can-help-it/