[isabelle] Automatic simplification of lambda terms of tuples
- To: isabelle-users <isabelle-users at cl.cam.ac.uk>
- Subject: [isabelle] Automatic simplification of lambda terms of tuples
- From: Iulia Dragomir <iulia.dragomir at aalto.fi>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:43:30 +0300
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.7.0
I have the following lemma within a theory:
theory Test imports Main
lemma lambda_true_top: "f (Î x . True) = F top"
by (simp add: top_fun_def)
which I would like to use for lambda terms having different variables, like:
lemma "F (Î (x,y) . True) = F top" or
lemma "F (Î (x,y, (z, t), a, (b, c, d)) . True) = F top"
Now, if I use it as substitution rule, the goal is identical to the
lemmas to be proved and if I try to add it as simplification rule, a
failed application of proof method is raised.
How can I use lambda_true_top in this proof? Or how can I write my
original lemma such that it can be used to simplify a term like F (Î
(x,y, (z, t), a, (b, c, d)) . True) to F top in general? In my case F is
always a constant function.
Iulia Dragomir, Ph.D.
Aalto University School of Science
Department of Computer Science
PO Box 15400
Email: iulia.dragomir at aalto.fi
Phone: +358 503 872710
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and