Re: [isabelle] Datatype + cardinality + polymorphismus?

> I assume that you are talking about Isabelle/HOL (rather than, say, Isabelle/ZF). This is a typed formalism. The property of having a certain type is not a boolean formula, but is part of what it means for a term to be well-formed.

Thank you Larry, this is a clear answer for one of my questions.
My other questions were:
1. Assume I have
datatype color = red |blue
fun f:: color => nat setf red = {1}f blue = {2}
definition M :: "nat set" whereM = the union...over all x in color...of  f(x)     //the result should be M = {1} union {2} = {1,2}
I dont know how to write the implementation of M in isabelle syntax.

2. card (color) = 2 ? or size (color) = 2  ?  I am looking for the name of the function that gets a type and returns its number of constructors  (for such simple finite non-recursive types)

Thank you!