Re: [isabelle] Z3 goes open

> I just learned of that, maybe it's interesting/new information for some on this list.
>
> https://github.com/Z3Prover/z3/commit/40269c8511ca343bc6848cae8c4f2d0f0455b949

Well, it used to be "open" for some time already (with source code
available), but only under a "non-commercial" license. Now, it appears
to be truly free (as in: free to use for any purpose).

Anyway, as far as I can tell, there's no official announcement by
Microsoft Research yet. But one of the authors (de Moura) writes it on
his homepage: <https://leodemoura.github.io/>. My uneducated guess is
that it will become official by the next release (4.4) and finally, the
"z3_non_commercial" system option can go away :-)

Cheers
Lars