Re: [isabelle] Polymorphic predicate closed under composition

Hi Andreas,

if there would be a nice way for doing this in HOL, we could simplify a lot of things in the BNF package.

One approach that comes to mind is to use a locale with several monomorphic copies of P (as many as you need to express the propetries). Whether this works without being to painful, depends on what you actually are proving. For BNFs we have used some (trivial) theorems that are preconditioned with something like "M = M1 o M2" which is later instantiated with the map_comp theorem (see e.g. src/HOL/BNF_Comp).

Best wishes,
Dmitriy