Re: [isabelle] Document preparation hints

(trying to revive an old thread from January 2014, see
 https://lists.cam.ac.uk/pipermail/cl-isabelle-users/2014-January/msg00021.html[1]
for the mail exchange).

Dear list,

> Since Isabelle/Scala is the actual system programming interface, not
> the command line shell, some time can be saved by working continously
> within "isabelle scala" like this:
>   $ isabelle scala
>   scala> import isabelle.
>   scala> Build.build(options = Options.init, progress = new
Build.Console_Progress(verbose = false), more_dirs = List((true,
Path.current)))

>  This imitates "isabelle build -D." from the system manual. The
>  invocation of Build.build is repeated every time the document sources
have
>  been edited and saved to the file-system. The above avoids repeated re
>  -bootingand re-warming of the JVM to run Isabelle/Scala, and
considerably
>  speeds up the exploration of source dependencies.

I am interested in doing the document preparation and the building
automatically  in Isabelle 2015-RC4. After looking at the build.scala file, I
came up with:

scala >  Build.build(options = Options.init, progress = new
Build.Console_Progress(verbose = false), select_dirs = List(Path.explode
("/path/to/directory")))

but this does not rebuild whenever a files is saved. Is there a way to
achieve this with Isabelle's upcoming version?

Thanks in advance,
Mathias

--------
[1] https://lists.cam.ac.uk/pipermail/cl-isabelle-users/2014-January/msg00021.html