Re: [isabelle] RC5: Many Grayouts if many theory files are loaded

On Thu, 21 May 2015, Peter Lammich wrote:

p.s.: Currentyl using

JEDIT_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xms512m -Xmx4096m -Xss8m"
ML_OPTIONS="-H 4096 --gcthreads 2"

and the grayouts that I get do not recover within 5 minutes ...

You have 4 real cores, so you should use them for GC as well. Without the --gcthreads you should get that already by default, since David Matthews counts the physical threads, not the logical hyperthreads.

I guess that most of the greyout time is for ML memory management. On the isabelle-users thread "run-away Isabelle process" started by Elsa Gunter 03-May-2015 there should be more hints what can be done to improve the situation -- the hardware side-conditions seem to be rather similar.