Re: [isabelle] using beamer in document preparation

> I created a minimal example theory-imports-main-begin, a ROOT file and
> rewrote document/root.tex to use the beamer class and the build has failed.
> Running pdflatex directly in output/document resulted in
>
>     ! LaTeX Error: Option clash for package hyperref.
> this is because of inconsistent invocations of the hyperref package. I could not
> find any
>
>    \usepackage{hyperref}
>
> in output/document.

Because it is with options in pdfsetup.thy .

My ad-hoc solution was to create a beamerpdfsetup.sty, list it at document_files in the ROOT file and make root.tex use this beamerpdfsetup.sty.

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/224111/error-option-clash-for-package-hyperref

suggests that instead of

\usepackage[colorlinks=true,linkcolor=linkcolor,citecolor=linkcolor,filecolor=linkcolor,pagecolor=linkcolor,urlcolor=linkcolor]{hyperref}

one should use

\hypersetup{colorlinks=true,linkcolor=linkcolor,citecolor=linkcolor,filecolor=linkcolor,pagecolor=linkcolor,urlcolor=linkcolor}

to avoid the double invocation of the hyperref package, as beamer.cls already invokes it. This works now.

I do not know whether this is backwards compatible with non-beamer classes. If there is an interest I can investigate this.

- Gergely