Re: [isabelle] Code generation for reverse sorting

Hi Florian,

I think there is one misperception concerning sort_key â it is not
parametrized by an order, but by a morphism:

"sort_key" :: "('a â 'b) â 'a list â 'a list"

The morphism is not the parametrisation I was referring to. I meant the implicit parametrisation with the order coming from the type class linorder. Obviously, this parameter can only be seen by looking at the foundational constant for sort_key.

IMHO the best way to continue from here is to develope a *algorithmic*
theory on sorting, which is specifically designed for executability.  I
guess this should follow the spirit of the Isabelle collection
framework.  The sort in List.thy then could stand as it is.
I am also in favour of separating reasoning and code generation. But ultimately, you want to connect the two kinds of sorting.

Best,
Andreas