Re: [isabelle] Document Preparation System - Windows

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015, Alfio Martini wrote:

This is the first time I am using the document preparation system in Isabelle 2015 (Windows). It works, but there are plenty of warning/error messages concerning Perl. Image is attached.

I see merely warnings here: the document should have been produced properly.

The reason why perl complains: the environment variable LANG is set to "PT", but that does not conform to any of the POSIX locales. E.g. try this on the Cygwin command-line:

$ locale -a | grep -i pt
pt_BR
pt_BR.utf8
pt_PT
pt_PT.utf8
pt_PT at euro

I guess that you want pt_BR.utf8. This can be enforced by editing /etc/profile.d/lang.sh for example.

If you are unfamiliar with the Cygwin command-line and its POSIX tools (like vi) you can edit the file with Isabelle/jEdit under the Windows name %ISABELLE_HOME%\contrib\cygwin\etc\profile.d\lang.sh

The end of the last line looks like this:

  export LANG=$(/usr/bin/locale -uU)

If you try "locale -uU" manually on the command line, what does it show?

You can also replace the expression $(/usr/bin/locale -uU) by "pt_BR.utf8" or even just "C".

Another source of problems might be an already existing LANG variable with a bad value.