Re: [isabelle] inductive_set and ordinal induction

On 27/10/2015 16:16, Johannes HÃlzl wrote:
As far as I understood Stefan, the _def theorems are actually internal.

I think you should be on the save side with your last suggestion, i.e.
defining the functional F_def and then prove:

inductive X ...

definition F where
   "F = ..."

lemma "X = lfp F"
   unfolding X_def F_def by simp

Then you should be on the save side if we change the internals of the
inductive package.

No, you are not: the simp proof may well fail if X_def changes, and if it disappears altogether the unfolding breaks.

Tobias

  - Johannes