Re: [isabelle] Document Preparation System - Windows

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015, Alfio Martini wrote:

If you try "locale -uU" manually on the command line, what does it show?

Alfio at isabelle ~/Desktop/Isabelle2015
$ locale -uU
en_GB.UTF-8

This looks fine so far.

You can also replace the expression $(/usr/bin/locale -uU) by "pt_BR.utf8"
or even just "C".

I tried both options but it did not work.

My guess from a distance is that the Windows environment provides a value for LANG=PT, which is then not challanged by the Cygwin startup scripts.

If you just edit Isabelle2015\Cygwin-Terminal.bat you can set a different value there, e.g.

  set LANG=en_GB.UTF-8