Re: [isabelle] Sledgehammer all subgoals?

On Di, 2015-09-15 at 10:11 +0100, Larry Paulson wrote:
> I don't believe that such an option exists. Even with one goal, you are spawning up to 5 subprocesses on your machine. The idea anyway that you are trying to tackle a particularly tough problem, so it's natural to tackle them one at a time.

> I wonder: is there much demand for this option?

Another use-case of sledgehammer is just to find the necessary theorems to
easily solve a goal. Sledgehammer will not find hard proofs itself, but
is very good at deducing proofs from theorems the user did not even know about.

Assuming sufficient computing power is available, a (auto-) sledgehammer
on all sub-goals in the background would imho be useful: Ideally, while
you are trying to prove the first sub-goal manually, sledgehammer
already solves the others for you.

--
  Peter