Re: [isabelle] Simplifying addition and subtraction of multisets

Hello Manuel,

simplifying with subset_mset.diff_add_assoc works for me:

lemma "{#a, b, c, d#} - {#b#} = {#a, c, d#}"
  by (simp add: subset_mset.diff_add_assoc)

or, more generally

lemma
  fixes A B C :: "'a multiset"
  shows "(A + C + B) - C = A + B"
  by (simp add: subset_mset.diff_add_assoc ac_simps)

Hope that helps,
Julian