Re: [isabelle] A question about sets and embeddings in HOL

Andrei, the disjoint union was not what I wanted, because although it
does in fact embed all the sets, it separates them and thus produces a set that
is not minimal with respect to embeddings.  If we make identifications we
can get a more economical union.  For example if A = {*}, then the disjoint
union A+A of A and A is a two-element set, but A itself already embeds A
and has only one element, so is itself embedded in A+A.

							- Gene Stark