Re: [isabelle] Simplifying addition and subtraction of multisets

Hi Manuel,

I also think that you need a simproc, because the nesting can be arbitrarily deep. Since multisets are similar to natural numbers in terms of their algebraic properties, I'd suggest that you look at the simprocs for natural numbers. I guess that you can generalise cancel_diff_conv in src/HOL/Tools/Nat_Arith.ML appropriately to multisets.

Hope this helps,
Andreas