[isabelle] Looking for a post-doc

Dear colleagues:

I have been awarded a Leverhulme Trust funded research grant in collaboration with Gem Stapleton in Brighton for a three year project on diagrammatic reasoning and we are currently looking to appoint two post-docs. The Cambridge-based post-doc will be particularly relevant to this community. They will need experience in formal logic and implementing reasoning systems. The Brighton-based post-doc will need experience in conducting empirical studies. More details are included below. Weâd be grateful if you could pass the details on to anyone who you might think is suitable for either of the posts, or let us know so that we can contact them directly.

Kind regards,
Mateja

mateja jamnik â univ of cambridge computer laboratory
mateja.jamnik at cl.cam.ac.uk <mailto:mateja.jamnik at cl.cam.ac.uk> â http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mj201 <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mj201>

** Details on the Two Positions **

The University of Cambridge, led by Dr Mateja Jamnik, and the University of Brighton, led by Dr Gem Stapleton, are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic researchers, each for three years (full time), to work collaboratively on the interdisciplinary Accessible Reasoning with Diagrams project funded by the Leverhulme Trust. In this project we want to devise and implement an accessible diagrammatic logic for modelling and reasoning in diverse domains.

The Research Associate employed at Cambridge will  be expected to help develop modelling and reasoning case studies, and to design an accessible diagrammatic logic for modelling and visual reasoning. They will also be required to lead on the implementation of a reasoning system for our diagrammatic representations, and help test and evaluate the accessibility of our system. The successful applicant for the Cambridge position must have experience in designing formal logical representations, and implementing and evaluating reasoning systems. It is also essential that they have a background in several of: diagrammatic reasoning, theorem proving, logic, ontology engineering, artificial intelligence. To apply for this post, visit http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/10046/ <http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/10046/>. The deadline for applications is 11 May 2016. Please direct informal enquiries to Dr Mateja Jamnik: mateja.jamnik at cl.cam.ac.uk <mailto:mateja.jamnik at cl.cam.ac.uk>.

The Research Fellow employed at Brighton will be expected to help develop modelling and reasoning case studies and to conduct empirical studies into the effectiveness of diagrammatic representations and reasoning systems. They will also be required to contribute to the design of empirically informed diagram layout algorithms. The successful applicant for the Brighton position must have experience in designing, executing and analysing the data from empirical studies involving human participants. It is also essential that they have a background in at least one of: diagrammatic reasoning, ontology engineering, logic, information visualization, cognitive science. To apply for this post, visit https://jobs.brighton.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=SM0155-16-108 <https://jobs.brighton.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=SM0155-16-108>. The deadline for applications is 15 May 2016. Please direct informal enquiries to Dr Gem Stapleton: g.e.stapleton at brighton.ac.uk <mailto:g.e.stapleton at brighton.ac.uk>.

The project begins on 11 July 2016 and successful applicants should be available to start on that date.