Re: [isabelle] Feature request: per-text area history

On 03/11/16 11:32, Corey Richardson wrote:

> One minor annoyance when using Isabelle/jEdit is that history navigation
> is not local to a text area. In particular, if I create a split and
> follow a "hyperlink" via ctrl-click, then go do some work and jump
> around in the other split, pressing "back" will undo the navigation I
> did in the other split before going back in the split.
>
> Ideally, the navigation commands would act on the currently-focused text
> area/pane/window/whatever jargon jEdit uses.

The connection of the Isabelle plugin with the Navigator plugin of jEdit
is rather minimal, see
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/2d4d9a5f68ff

jEdit actually has its own documentation for the Navigator plugin (see
Help F1). There are some options for the scope: "View Scope" vs.
"EditPane Scope". The description of the latter sounds like what you
have in mind.

The jEdit project http://jedit.org has its own channels to discuss
problems or misunderstandings. Moreover see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/jedit