Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-1-RC1: How to Disable completion popup for quotes?

> I still strongly prefer " over \<open> and \<close>, because " is so
> much easier to type.

I prefer to input \<open> and \<close> just by the vanilla keyboard
shortcuts of a typical Linux system with German keyboard layout (*):
shift + alt gr + X and shift + alt gr + Y.  I am quite comfortable with
this since I also prefer French quotes ÂÂ in written text and these are
alt gr + Y and alt gr + X.  What remains confusing is that for
cartouches the logic of opening and closing is reverted wrt. the
position of Y and X on the keyboard.

Cheers,
	Florian

(*) I guess for English default keyboard you have to use Z instead of Y.

--

PGP available: